Zesty Lemon Tea Cake
You’ll be wishing every hour on clock was tea time with this Zesty Lemon Tea Cake.
- 175g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup Chris’ Greek Style Natural Yoghurt
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- Extra 1 tsp lemon juice
- Lemon zest, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a loaf pan.
- Using an electric mixer or food processor, beat butter, caster sugar, lemon rind and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined after each addition. Add flour. Stir to combine. Add lemon juice and 1/2 cup yogurt. Stir to combine.
- Pour mix into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of loaf comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and onto a wire rack lined with baking paper to cool completely.
- Combine icing sugar and remaining yoghurt in a medium bowl. Add enough extra lemon juice to form a drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over loaf. Sprinkle with lemon zest. Stand for 15 minutes. Serve.