Savoury Waffles with Garlic Mushrooms
- 4 tbsp of Chris’ Heritage Vintage Cheddar & Caramelised Onion Dip, plus extra for serving. –
- 1 large free range egg
- ¾ of a cup of milk
- ¾ of a cup of plain wholemeal flour
- a pinch (1/4 of a tsp) of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 16-20 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of French mustard
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Fresh basil, to serve
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the egg, 4 tbsp of Chris’ Vintage Cheddar and Caramelised Onion dip, and the milk until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Spray a waffle maker with a little olive oil and cook as per machine instructions.
- Meanwhile, toss all of the sliced mushrooms in a non-stick pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook on a medium heat , stirring often, until they begin to softer.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds and turn off the heat.
- Immediately add the mustard and stir well.
- Serve the waffles with an extra dollop of Chris’ Heritage Vintage Cheddar and Caramelised Onion spread across the waffle, then top with the garlicky mushrooms and some fresh basil leaves.
Recipe created by Natalie Zee / nataliezee.com for Chris’