Tiffany the Souvlaki Chicken
Ingredients (to make one wrap)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 wholemeal wrap slice
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 small carrot
- Handful of spinach
- 1 cherry tomato
- 1 Chris’ Fun Size Tzatziki
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
Equipment to make creation
- Sharp knife
- Pen lid
- Dice the chicken breast into small pieces
- Add some olive to a frying pan and fry the chicken pieces until cooked through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking using a small circle cutter cut 4 circles out of the wholemeal wrap. Spread Chris Dips Tzatziki dip onto two of the circles.
- Using a sharp knife cut the ends of a small cucumber- these will be used for the chicken’s iris.
- Using a texta lid cut two circles out of the black pancake (find recipe for this below) – these will be used for the pupils
- To add an extra element of shine to the eye using a straw cut two circles out of small piece of wholemeal wrap
- To make the beak using a sharp knife cut a thick triangle out of a slice of carrot.
- Cut two feet out of the carrot (refer to image)
- Using a sharp knife cut a tear drop shape out of the capsicum- this will be sued for the wattle.
- Spread the chicken pieces evenly across the wholemeal wrap – Squeeze lemon juice to taste
- Place the eyes onto the body.
- Cut the remaining two circles in half and place on the bottom of the eyes. Place the other two on the top of the eyes as the eyelids.
- Place the iris in the middle of the eye.
- Cut small strips out of the black pancake and place on the edges of the eyelids for eyelashes.
- Place the chicken’s wattle (tomato) below the eyes
- Place the beak (carrot) on top of the wattle
- Place some spinach below the chicken. Place the chicken’s feet on top of the spinach leaves.
This recipe was created for us by Jacob’s Food Diaries.
To make the black pancake you’ll need:
- Black natural food dye
This is pancake is purposely tasteless and is used purely for decorative purposes.
- Place flour into bowl
Add enough water so that the mixture is runny and whisk until the consistency of a thin crepe batter
- Add a drop black dye into the bowl stir until incorporated
- Place some oil into a pan. Using a spoon pour small amounts of pancake batter into the pan.
- Allow the pancake batter to cook through on one side- you will notice the colour darken. Avoid flipping as this will change the smoothness of the pancake.
- Once cooked remove and place onto a paper towel. Leave to cool.