Pork Belly Tacos
- 1.5kg boneless pork belly
- Sea Salt
- 1 Brown Onion
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 1 Carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 Apple
- 2 Tubs Chris’ Homestyle Guacamole 200g
- 1 Corn Cob
- 2 Sprigs Spring Onion
- Juice 1/4 Lemon or Lime
- Pineapple segments
- 1/4 Purple Cabbage, sliced
- To make pork belly score skin and cover with a thick layer or salt, leave in the fridge overnight on a plate, uncovered to draw moisture out of the skin.
- The next day turn the oven on to 250 degrees Celsius. Rub the pork belly down with paper towel to remove excess salt.
- Cut the onion into quarters, cut the apple into halves place the onion, apple and carrot into the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Place the pork belly on top of the vegetables and apple and put into the oven. You will not need to season the belly with salt as it would have absorbed some salt overnight from preparing the skin. Keep an eye on the skin, once it has crackled and gone hard turn the oven down to 120 degrees Celsius, this should take about an hour. Roast for a further 2 hours at 120 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and allow the belly to rest before slicing into thin slices. To slice turn the pork belly upside down so the skin is on the board, this will help stop it from moving and make it easier to cut through the crackling.
- Char the corn under a griller or on a bbq, if this isn’t an option you could slice the kernels off and steam them or quickly sauté them in some butter.
- Arrange taco with Chris’ Homestyle Guacamole, pork belly, coriander, carrot and purple cabbage. Top with a squeeze of lemon.