Sumac Calamari Burgers with Spicy Capsicum Mayo
- 2 calamari tubes, sliced in rings
- Plain flour for dusting
- 1 ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs sumac
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup good quality mayonnaise
- ½ cup Chris’ Spicy Capsicum Dip
- Oil for shallow frying
- Combine breadcrumbs and sumac in a bowl and set aside. Place calamari rings in flour and toss until lightly coated.
- One at a time, dip the rings into the egg then into the breadcrumbs, pressing crumbs onto each side until the ring is fully coated. Repeat with the rest of the calamari and set aside on a plate.
- Heat oil in a frypan on medium, enough for shallow frying. While oil is heating, combine mayonnaise and dip in a bowl and set aside.
- Place a few calamari rings into the pan at a time, turning with tongs after a minute or so. Drain on paper towel once both side are cooked and cook remaining calamari until finished.
- Serve calamari with a generous dollop of spicy capsicum mayonnaise on a roll with lettuce.
Recipe created for Chris’ by Naturally Nutritious