Spicy Cajun Mince
Served with fresh avocado, sour cream and tortillas, this spicy cajun mince will easily feed a crowd.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 Chris’ Festivale Corn, Chilli & Lime Mexican Inspired Dip
- 500g premium beef mince
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus lime halves to serve
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- 1/3 cup sour cream, to serve
- 8 warmed tortillas, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced.
- Break up mince and spread onto a large baking tray with sides. Combine seasoning, oregano and cumin in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over mince. Drizzle with 1/2 the oil. Bake for 5 minutes. Stir well, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon.
- Reduce oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Top mince with tomatoes, onion and capsicum. Drizzle with remaining oil. Bake for 10 minutes. Stir well. Add beans. Blend tomato paste with boiling water. Pour over mince mixture. Stir well. Bake for 5 minutes or until beans are heated through. Stir well
- Top mixture with dollops of dip, avocado and lime juice. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve with lime halves, sour cream and tortillas