Spiced Savoury Scones
- 3 ½ cups spelt flour
- 7 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 60g butter, in cubes
- 1 ½ cups milk of choice
- 1 tbs sumac
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- Chris’ Heritage Roasted Beetroot and Chickpea Dip
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Place flour, spices, salt and butter into a bowl and rub in with tips of fingers until the flour mix looks like bread crumbs
- Make a well in the centre and pour in milk
- Using a butter knife, cut through the flour mix so it slowly pulls it towards the milk. This can take a couple of minutes, just try not to mix the dough with the knife. Once nearly all pulled together, tip out onto a floured surface and gently knead a couple of times.
- Then press the dough out to be about 3 cm high. Cut scones out with a cutter and place onto baking paper lined trays.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Cool and serve cut in half with Chris’ Heritage Roasted Beetroot and Chickpea Dip.
Recipe created for Chris’ by Naturally Nutritious