Roasted tomato and red lentil soup with cheesy toast
- 4 tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 red onions chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 heaped tbs tomato paste
- 1/3 cup red lentils, rinsed well
- 2 slices of baguette
- 2 tbs Chris’ Heritage Vintage Cheddar and Caramelised Onion Heritage Dip
- 2 tbs shredded tasty cheese
- Place tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and onion into a heavy based pot and place into a preheated oven on 180⁰C for one hour or until cooked through
- Remove pot from oven and place on stove, pour in the stock, tomato paste and lentils. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blitz the soup with a stick blender until smooth.
- Spread 1 tbs of dip on each baguette slice and top with cheese. Grill until browned.
- Serve soup in bowls and place baguette on top, enjoy.
This recipe was created for us by Naturally Nutritious