Peanut butter granola and banana smoothie bowl
- 1 frozen banana, roughly chopped into large chunks
- 1/2 cup Chris’ Greek style natural yoghurt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 1-2 tbsp milk of your choice (optional)
- 1 tspn maca powder (optional)
Peanut butter granola:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp shredded coconut
- 5 tbsp crunchy peanut butter (refer to note)
- 2 tsp honey
- Sliced banana
- Melted smooth peanut butter (we like using coconut peanut butter)
To make granola:
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees (fan forced)/160 degrees (conventional)
- Mix the first 5 dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Melt the peanut butter in the microwave till it’s soft and can be stirred with a spoon.
- Pour the peanut butter and honey over the dry ingredients and mix till all the dry ingredients are well coated.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and spread the granola mix evenly over it.
- Place the tray in the oven and every 5 minutes stir the mixture so it evenly browns – this usually needs to be done for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When ready, remove the tray from the oven and allow the granola to cool down before storing in an airtight container.
To make smoothie:
- Place the first four smoothie ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth. If it’s too thick, add the milk to thin out the smoothie to the desired consistency.
- Pour the smoothie into a shallow bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of peanut butter granola over the top of the smoothie and add the optional toppings if you want.
- Note: Try to use peanut butter that is made up of 100% peanuts because it tastes better and doesn’t have to unnecessary sugar added.
This recipe was created for us by Angie at @Feedmeichi