Mushroom, herb and French onion tartlets
Here’s the prefect canape for your next party. Make the mushroom mix in advance, then just pop these in the oven for easy entertaining.
- 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and butter
- 1 small red onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and crushed
- 250g field mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g tub Chris’ French onion dip
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed
Preheat oven at 200°C and grease mini muffin pans. Heat olive oil and butter in a large frying-pan, add onion, garlic, mushrooms and thyme and cook over a low heat until onion is soft, the mushrooms are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside to cool completely. Cut each sheet of pastry into 16 small squares and use to line the mini muffin pans. Stir half the tub of Chris’ French onion dip and breadcrumbs into cooled mushroom mixture and place a heaped teaspoon into each pastry case. Bake for 12-15 minutes until pastry is golden brown and puffed. Serve warm or cold topped with a spoonful of remaining French onion dip and a dust of freshly ground black pepper.