Monte Cristo Sandwich
- 2 thin slices sourdough bread
- 1 thin slice prosciutto
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp Chris’ Heritage Vintage Cheddar and Caramelised Onion Dip
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp rice bran oil
- Pickled baby cucumbers
- Oven roasted tomatoes
- Oven roasted mushrooms
- Spread 1 teaspoon of dip on each slice of bread. Place the prosciutto on one slice and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over it. Lay the other slice of bread on top, with the dip side down.
- In a wide shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk together and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Lay the sandwich down in the egg mixture and lightly press down on it to encourage the bread to soak up the egg mixture. After a few minutes, flip the bread and soak the other side of the sandwich.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Place the sandwich in the hot pan and reduce the heat to low-medium and fry the sandwich for 3-4 minutes or till golden brown. Flip the sandwich and cook the other side for 3-4 minutes or till lightly brown.
- Remove from pan and place on a chopping board to cut it in half. Serve on a plate with a pickled cucumber on top and a side of roasted tomatoes and mushrooms.
This recipe was created for us by @FeedMeIchi