Miss Frenchy the French Onion Snake
- 1 Chris Fun Size French Onion Dip
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 carrot
- Half red capsicum
- 1 small piece of wholemeal wrap
- 1 small black pancake/ eggplant skin
- 1 sharp knife
- 1 large texta lid
- Using a large texta lid cut two circles out of the wholemeal wrap- these will be used for the eyes
- Using a knife cut the ends of a small cucumber to create circle slices place on top of the wholemeal wrap circles- these will be used for the iris’
- Using a straw cut two circles out of the black pancake/ eggplant skin- these will be used for the pupils. To an extra element of shine place two small circles of
wholemeal wrap on the top left of each pupil. Place on top of the iris’
- Using a sharp knife cut the shape of a snake’s tongue out of the capsicum.
- Using a sharp knife cut triangles out of the cucumber and carrot.
- Using a sharp knife cut thin slices out of the remaining capsicum.
- Using a spoon spread Chris’ Fun Size French onion dip into a snake shape, making sure to the make a round head shape.
- Place the eyes onto the head of the snake
- Place the tongue at the end of the head
- Place the cucumber triangles around the edge of the snake
- Place the carrot triangles on the opposite edge of the snake
- Place the slices of capsicum between the cucumber and carrot triangles
This recipe was created for us by Jacob’s Food Diaries.
To make the black pancake you’ll need:
- Black natural food dye
This is pancake is purposely tasteless and is used purely for decorative purposes.
- Place flour into bowl
Add enough water so that the mixture is runny and whisk until the consistency of a thin crepe batter
- Add a drop black dye into the bowl stir until incorporated
- Place some oil into a pan. Using a spoon pour small amounts of pancake batter into the pan.
- Allow the pancake batter to cook through on one side- you will notice the colour darken. Avoid flipping as this will change the smoothness of the pancake.
- Once cooked remove and place onto a paper towel. Leave to cool.