Jamon & Manchego Cheese Dipping Straws
Are you entertaining friends this weekend? Our Jamon & Manchego Cheese Dipping Straws are a quick, easy (and delicious) snack that are sure to impress.
- 16 slices of Jamon
- 4 sheets of puff pastry
- 200g tub Chris’ Traditional Cheese & Chive Dip
- 50g finely grated Manchego Cheese.
- Pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 bunch of fresh chives as garnish.
- Pre heat oven 180 degrees Celsius
- In a small bowl, slightly work and whip 200g of Chris’ Cheese & Chive Dip and apply lightly to two sheets of the puff pastry with the back of a small spoon.
- Working quickly, lay horizontally strips of Jamon over top of the first sheet of puff.
- Place the second sheet over top and sandwich it down. The dip will help the ham and pastry stick.
- With a long sharp knife cut horizontally into 6 mm wide strips.
- Pick up each end of the pastry ham strips and give it several twists and place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Brush lightly with egg yoke and then sprinkle with grated Manchego cheese and cayenne pepper.
- Place in oven and bake until golden and puffy (approx. 15 minutes.)
- Repeat with the rest of the pastry and ham. With the remaining Chris’ Cheese & Chive Dip that has been whipped, add fresh chopped mint. Serve with warm straws and garnish with fresh chopped chives.