How to Pack The Perfect Picnic For The Beach
One of our favourite ways to spend our summer days is by the beach with a delicious picnic sure to keep the whole family happy.
With the right planning you can have a great day at the beach with food and drink without lugging millions of bags or running the risk of your food going off!
Read on below for our top tips for packing the perfect beach picnic:
Choose finger food:
To eliminate the need to bring plates and cutlery, make sure you opt for finger food that is easy to consume and makes minimal mess!
Some great ideas include:
- Fruit like grapes, berries, apples and cut up watermelon
- Chris’ Dips (in particular our 100g Traditional Dips) that can be eaten with crackers or cut up veggies like carrots, celery and more. Our 100g tubs are ideal for snacking on the go and there is a great selection of flavours available including classic Hommus and Tzatziki or Spring Onion and Corn Relish.
- If you want to bring cheese to go with your Chris’ Dips, opt for a French Brie or Camembert that tastes beautiful when melted slightly (unlike other cheeses like Cheddar)
- Pre-made sandwiches or wraps cut into halves
- Corn chips, crackers and veggie sticks to have with your Chris’ Dips
It’s easy to get dehydrated at the beach with the intense sun, so freeze your drink bottles the night before you go for cool and refreshing water throughout the day.
Bring a tablecloth:
Forget a picnic rug or blanket, a tablecloth is the perfect option as it’s lightweight to carry and is easy to clean if any food gets on it.
Once you’ve chosen the foods and drink you’d like to take to the beach with you, it’s vital to store them somewhere cool like a mini esky with frozen ice packs.
But it doesn’t stop there! Once you’ve arrived at the beach with your food and drinks stored in the cooler, a great tip is to partially bury your esky in the sand to keep the contents and ice packs cool. It’s a fun way to get the kids involved as well who will love to get their shovels out and to dig deep. Just remember to make sure the lid is secured just in case any sand gets into the cooler.
You can also set up an umbrella around the area you bury your esky to deflect the sun.
Head into your nearest Woolworths supermarket to purchase your 100g tubs of Chris’ Dips in an array of flavours sure to satisfy you all day at the beach!