Home-style White Corn Chips
Our Home-style White Corn Chips, with Spring Onion, Pico de Gallo & Chimichurri Dipping Sauces, are the perfect snack to enjoy with friends.
- 1 Cup Fresh Finley chopped coriander.
- 1 Cup Fresh Finley flat leaf parsley.
- 1 Cup Finley chopped spring onions white and green parts.
- 2 Garlic clove, crushed.
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tablespoons white wine vinegar.
- 1/4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ Teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
- And a pinch of castor sugar. Optional.
Pico de Gallo – Green & Red Tomato Salsa
- 1 White onion roughly diced.
- 2 Red tomatoes coarsely chopped.
- 2 Green tomatoes coarsely chopped.
- ½ Cup fresh coriander chopped.
- 1 Green chilli deseeded finely diced.
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice.
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar.
- 1 Pinch of sea salt flakes to taste.
- 1 200g tub of Chris’s Traditional Spring Onion Dip.
- 10 small stone ground white corn tortillas.
- 1/2 Cup of vegetable oil.
- Mix all of the chopped leaves, crushed garlic and spring onions with a pinch of salt together and chop again on board. Thoroughly chop together and place in bowl.
- Stir in oil and vinegars and emulsify, set aside in a severing jar and sprinkle a pinch of red chilli flakes on top. (Alternatively use a mortar and pestle for the whole process.)
- Combine chopped white onion and deseeded green chili in a bowl. Coarsely chop red and green tomatoes, saving the chopped tomato juice left on the board and place in a bowl, along with the coriander, lime juice, vinegar and a pinch of salt, combine. Set aside.
- Pour oil into a heavy based fry pan and heat.
- Cut the tortillas 4 times into quarters, like you’re slicing up a pizza, to create the classic fan shape. Shallow fry them to crisp and golden in batches. Place on absorbent towel sprinkle with a bit of fine sea salt. As an option you can also sprinkle on a few pinches of cayenne pepper for a bit of zing.
- Serve while warm with Chris’s Spring onion dip, the salsa and sauce.