Harry Hommus Mashed Potatoes with Roast
- 50 gm of desired roast meat
- 1 potato
- 1 tsp Chris Fun-Size Hommus Dip
- 1 small radish
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 green beans
- 1 small carrot
- 1 slice red capsicum
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- 2 Quinoa seeds
Utensils to make creation
- Sharp knife
- Large texta lid
- 1 large circle cutter
- Boil potato until cooked.
- Whilst waiting for the potato to boil you can start preparing. Cut the ends of the radish to create the cheeks.
- Using a sharp knife cut the radish into thin slices. Using a large text lid cut two circles out of the radish – these will be used for the eyes.
- Using a knife cut two slices out of the green beans to create the iris. Place the beans on top of the eyes.
- Using a straw cut two circles out of the black pancake and place on top of the iris. To add an extra element of shine add a quinoa seed on the top left of each black pancake. Place the eyes aside.
- Using a sharp knife cut a thin line out of the capsicum- this will be used for the mouth.
- To create Harry’s arms using a sharp knife cut two strips out of the carrot. Cut little squares out of the remaining carrot and capsicum to create Harry’s jumper.
- Cut the remaining green bean into four slices.
- Using scissors cut two shoe shapes out of the bread.
Time to plate!
- Once the potatoes have been cooked strain and pass through a sieve to create a smooth texture. Add the hommus and mix until the hommus has blended in.
- Bend the cutter into an oval shape and place onto the plate. Mould the potato inside the cutter making it is a flat surface.
- Using glove roll two small balls out of the mash and place on either side of the face to create the ears. Blend into the head.
- Roll a large ball out of the mash and place in the middle of the face to create Harry’s nose.
- Place the eyes on either side of the nose
- Place the radish below either side of the eyes.
- Place the mouth below the nose.
- To make Harry’s jumper place the carrot and capsicum squares side by side to create a large s
- Place a carrot strip on either side of the jumper.
- Place two circles of mash on the bottom of each strip to create Harry’s hands (don’t forget to wear gloves!)
- Place two green beans horizontally below the jumper and one vertically on either end of the beans to create Harry’s Pants.
- Place a shoe on the end of each string bean
- Place shredded meat on top of Harry’s head to create any hairstyle
This recipe was created for us by Jacob’s Food Diaries.