Ham & Corn Relish Fritters
These fritters are made even more flavoursome thanks to Chris’ Corn Relish Dip! Satisfying for breakfast, brunch and lunch.
• 1/2 cup Chris’ Traditional Corn Relish dip
• 1 small onion, finely sliced
• 1x cob of corn, cooked and kernels removed or 1x 125g can corn kernels, drained
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 large carrot, peeled and grated (excess moisture squeezed out)
• 1 large zucchini, grated (excess moisture squeezed out)
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1 cup self raising flour
• 1 cup (75g) grated cheddar cheese
• 1 cup (100g) sliced ham, chopped
• 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and cook onion until translucent. Add the garlic, grated zucchini and carrot and lightly stirfry for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. In a bowl add the flour, corn, cheddar cheese, cooled carrot and zuchini mixture, egg, ham and Corn Relish dip. Mix until all combined.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a non-stick pan. Once heated using slightly dampened hands (not wet hands) roll the mixture into a ball and then flatten into a 9cm round fritter. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 2 mins. Repeat process until all fritters are cooked. Serve with a green salad and some extra Corn Relish dip.