Garlic & Rosemary Roast Lamb with Spiced Yogurt
- 1.6kg leg of lamb
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1kg chat (small) potatoes, halved
- Vegetables of choice (red capsicum, carrot, beans)
- Salt, to season
- 1 cup Chris’ Traditional Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut six slits, 2cm deep and 2cm long, into the lamb. Press one piece of garlic into each slit. Place the lamb in a large roasting pan. Sprinkle evenly with rosemary and drizzle over 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven For 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place the potato and vegetables, in a single layer, around the lamb. Drizzle the remaining oil over the potato. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for a further 1 hour for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer the lamb to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Turn potato and roast in oven for a further 10 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a bowl. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- To make the spiced yogurt, mix all ingredients together until combined.
- Thickly slice the lamb across the grain. Serve with potato