Fig, Ricotta & Spring Onion Tart
- 2 cups almond meal
- Just under 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 50g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 400g firm ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup full cream milk
- 1/2 tub Chris’ Spring Onion Dip
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 bunch basil
- 2-3 figs, sliced
- 4-5 zucchini flowers
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In your food processor, combine all the ingredients for the tart base until a ball forms in your food processor.
- Press the tart base into a greased tart tin. Bake the crust in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta and milk, then add the seasoning, eggs, and basil, and finally stir in the spring onion dip. Set aside.
- Once the tart base is cooked, remove it from the oven and, after cooling for a couple of minutes, pour the ricotta mixture in. Arrange your fig slices on top, and give them a light spray with olive or coconut oil. Pop the tart back into the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the ricotta mixture is firm.