Eggplant & Tzatziki Couscous
- 4 dessert spoons of Chris’ Traditional Tzatziki Dip
- 3⁄4 of a cup of couscous
- 1 medium cucumber, cubed
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- 3⁄4 of a cup of roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Half a cup of pomegranate seeds to serve (optional)
- Place all of the couscous in a medium bowl and cover with 3⁄4 of a cup of boiling water. Place a large plate on top to seal and set aside.
- Spray a griddle pan with olive oil and put on a high heat. Cook your eggplant each side for 2-3 minutes or until tender & deep brown char lines are visible. Allow to cool and roughly chop into strips.
- Mix your 4 spoons of dip with 2 dessert spoons of water to help thin.
- Remove the cover plate from your couscous and scrape with a fork to separate and fluff.
- Place 2 dessert spoons of your tzatziki and water mix into the cous cous with half of the parsley and roughly mix.
- To assemble, place couscous on the bottom of a large plate, top with cucumber then eggplant strips.
- Use the remainder of your tzatziki mix as dressing and finish with a sprinkle of parsley & pomegranate seeds.
- This would also be lovely with a squeeze of lemon. Enjoy!
Recipe by Natalie Zee / Healthy Natty