Edam, Fig, Chicken & Mushroom Parcels
Fancify your filo pastry with Chris’ Heritage Edam & Fig dip.
Makes 4 parcels
Prep: 35 mins
Cook: 25 mins
1 pot Heritage Edam & Fig Dip with roasted almond sachet
1 tbls of Olive Oil
180g of sliced mushroom
2 spring onions chopped
500g skinless chicken breast
½ cup fresh bread crumbs (made from day-old bread)
1 Tbls fresh parsley, chopped
12 sheets of Filo pastry
100g Butter, melted
Sesame seeds for sprinkling
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Sauté mushroom in olive oil until tender, season with salt & pepper.
- Add spring onions and sauté for a further minute. Transfer to bowl and let cool.
- Slice chicken and add to cooled mushrooms. Add Chris’ Heritage Edam & Fig Dip, almond sachet, bread crumbs, parsley and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Lay a sheet of filo pastry on a clean, dry board and brush with melted butter. Top with a second sheet of filo, brush again with butter and lay a third and final sheet on top.
- Lay filo sheets with the short edge at the top and bottom, place ¼ of filling on the bottom third of the pastry. Brush edges with a little more butter then fold filo over filling.
- Brush top with a little more butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Repeat until all filling is used.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with a simple garden salad.