Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This deliciously golden Double Chocolate Banana Bread will become a staple in your recipe book! Made lighter with our oh-so-creamy Chris’ Traditional Greek Style Yogurt, it’s perfect for dessert or even a sweet start to the day!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Chris’ Traditional Greek Style Yogurt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170 C and lightly grease a 9 x 5 (23cm x 13cm) bread pan.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl, add eggs and combine thoroughly. Then add in the remaining wet ingredients; yogurt, sugar, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Combine the dry ingredients to the wet, be careful not to overmix.
- In a microwave safe bowl, gently melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring between, until melted and smooth.
- Let chocolate cool slightly, then add to the bread mixture, folding until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the centre of the bread. Allow to cool at least 15 minutes. Enjoy!