Decadent Chocolate & Beetroot Cake
- 175 grams plain flour
- 10 grams baking powder
- 75 grams cocoa powder
- 225 grams caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 200 gram tub of Chris’ Traditional Beetroot Dip
- 200ml vegetable oil
- 250 grams dark chocolate
- 250ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Grease and line a 20cm cake tin (preferably spring form.)
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar into a bowl.
- Blend the eggs, beetroot dip and vegetable oil in a food processor until smooth.
- Fold the beetroot mixture into the dry ingredients. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the ganache. Put the double cream into a saucepan and simmer gently until just before it reaches boiling point.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and put into a mixing bowl.
- Pour the warmed double cream onto the broken chocolate and mix gently until the two are blended together to make a silky chocolate icing.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool, once chilled generously cover the cake with the chocolate ganache.