Creamy Spring Onion Pasta
- 200g pasta spirals
- 2 middle bacon rashers, sliced into 1cm strips
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (plus extra for serving)
- 1 small zucchini, trimmed and grated
- 150g Chris’ Traditional Spring Onion Dip
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil, add ½ to 1 tablespoon of salt and cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the bacon strips till browned. Transfer the bacon to a large mixing bowl but leave the oil in the frying pan.
- Add onion, garlic and chilli flakes to the frying pan and cook over low medium heat till the onion softens. Tip the mixture over the bacon.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it in a colander but keep a few tablespoons of pasta water in the saucepan as it will be used to make the sauce.
- Add the hot pasta to the mixing bowl before adding grated zucchini and spring onion dip. Mix everything together and add pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time to get the desired consistency.
- Serve warm with extra chilli flakes sprinkled on top.
Recipe created for our team by Feed Me Ichi