Chickpea, Quinoa & Beetroot Warm Salad
- ¾ of a tub of Chris’ Festivale Sweet Potato & Coconut Sri Lankan Style Dip
- 2 beetroots, peeled & diced
- 1/3 of a cup of quinoa
- 1 can (400gms) cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ a red onion, finely sliced
- 50gms of baby spinach, roughly chopped Lime & Chilli, to serve (optional)
- Roast the beetroots in a little olive oil and salt at 180c for 30-40 minutes or until tender (tossing half way).
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa as per pack instructions.
- To make the Sweet Potato & Coconut dressing, mix the Chris’ Dip with 3 tbsp of boiling water until a smooth dressing is formed.
- Once the quinoa is cooked and the beetroots are roasted, mix them together with the spinach and red onion.
- Stir through the Sweet Potato & Coconut dressing and serve topped with chilli and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Recipe by Natalie Zee