Chicken Pasta Bake
A creamy and delicious pasta bake using Chris’ Cheese & Chive Dip, perfect for warming up in winter and great for leftovers.
• 4 chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
• 400g dried penne pasta
• 60g butter
• 1/2 cup (60g) Frozen peas
• 1/2 cup baby spinach, chopped
• 1 large carrot, either grated or finely chopped
• 1/4 cup plain flour
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 200g Chris’ Traditional Cheese & Chive Dip
• 1 1/2 cups (200g) grated Mozzarella cheese
• Optional: 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh chives for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease a 4cm deep baking dish. Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain.
2. Add pasta to a large bowl, along with chicken, peas, spinach and carrot. Set aside.
3. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and using a whisk, stir. Add milk a little at a time, stirring constantly, until all the milk is combined and sauce starts to thicken.
4. Remove saucepan from heat, stir in 1 cup of the mozzarella and the Cheese & Chive Dip.
5. Add the cheese mixture to the pasta and vegetables. Mix throughly and pour into the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaini mozzarella cheese and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until topping is golden. Stand for 5 minutes. Top with chopped chives if using.