Creme Brûlée with Candied Orange
Our Heritage Creme Brûlée is simply divine on it’s own, but for an extra special touch when entertaining, top with some candied oranges.
Candied Orange Slices
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 navel orange, sliced crosswise into 1cm thick slices
- In a medium heavy based frypan, combine the water and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add the orange slices and cook over moderate heat, turning them occasionally, until the liquid is reduced to a thin syrup and the orange slices are translucent. (This will take about 20 minutes.)
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the syrup is thick and the slices are tender but still intact, turning occasionally.
- Transfer the orange slices to a rack to cool. You might like to keep the syrup for another use.