Blue Cheese Mash with Cauliflower & Greens
- ½ a tub of Chris’ Heritage Blue Cheese, Fig & Pistachio dip
- 1 cauliflower, broken into florets – 2 large (or 3 small) white potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- ¼ of a cup of milk
- A handful of green beans, trimmed (you can use any green vegetable).
- 2 slices of old bread, cut into small cubes
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180c and lined a baking dish with baking paper. Toss the cauliflower in olive oil and bake for 30-35 minutes, turning a few times, until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in lightly salted water until tender (about 15 minutes).
- Boil the green beans until tender. Drain.
- To make the croutons, toss the bread cubes in about a tablespoon of olive oil and fry on a medium heat in a non-stick fry pan, tossing regularly, until crisp.
- To make the mashed potato, drain the boiled potatoes and return to the pot. Add ½ a tub of Chris’ Heritage Blue Cheese, Fig & Pistachio dip and stir through, and then add your milk (adding extra if you need it). Season to taste.
- To serve, spread a bed of mashed potato on the plate and top with cauliflower, green beans and croutons. Enjoy!
Recipe created by Natalie Zee / nataliezee.com for Chris’