BBQ Open Lamb Souvlaki’s
Makes 2 mini open souvlakis.
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – 6-8 minutes
- 1⁄2 a tub of Chris’ Traditional Tzatziki Dip
- 1 lamb back strap
- 1 cup of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp of dried oregano
- 1⁄2 a tsp of onion salt
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Fresh mint, black pepper and lemon wedges, to serve
- Rub the lamb with oregano, onion salt and olive oil. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- On a very hot BBQ (I used the grill plate), cook the lamb for approx. 2-3 minutes on one side, before turning and cooking the other side (the aim is to keep it a bit pink in the middle).
- Meanwhile, lightly heat the pita breads on the BBQ (or if you’re using the kitchen, you could microwave them for 20 seconds).
- Once the lamb has cooked, set aside for 2-3 minutes to rest, before slicing.
- To assemble, lay the pita breads flat and top with lettuce, tomato and sliced lamb.
- Drizzle with Chris’ Dips Traditional Tzatziki (mix with a couple of teaspoons of water if required to thin it out), and serve with lemon wedges, black pepper and fresh mint sprigs.
Recipe created for Chris’ by Healthy Natty.