Vanilla with an extra something something.
Premium Madagascan vanilla meets silky creamy egg custard. Comes with a sugar sachet for you to caramelise, serve up and bask in that professional-dessert praise!
The wine experts at Wine Selectors recommend pairing with a glass of Muscat.
Sugar garnish heating instructions
Sprinkle the sugar garnish (provided in the attached sachet,) over the top of your chilled Creme Brûlée. You may wish to add extra sugar at this stage if you prefer a thicker caramel finish.
- We recommend using a kitchen blow torch to create the Creme Brûlée sugar crust to give you a restaurant quality burnt-sugar top finish. See pack for instructions on how to caramelise under the oven griller.
- When caramelising the Brûlée with the blow torch, hold it about 6 centimeters away and work quickly, moving the flame from side to side just above the sugar coating.
- Turning the pot will give you a more even browning and avoid melting the custard. Don’t hold the torch in one place for too long as it can melt the custard!
- To add a bitter sweetness to the dish, continue the caramelising process until you achieve a lovely dark sugar crust.
- Once the sugar has caramelised, place the Creme Brûlée in the fridge and allow the burnt sugar top to set. Once set, serve immediately and experience the cracking of the sugar crust.
CAUTION: Be careful when handling the terracotta pot, as it will be got after using the kitchen blow torch. Use kitchen gloves at all times.
Reconstituted Skim Milk, Cream (27%) [Cream, Mineral Salts (450, 500), Thickener (400)], Sugar, Pasteurised Egg Yolk (9%) [Egg Yolk (85%), Sugar], Cream Cheese [Milk, Cream, Milk Solids Non-\Fat, Salt, Vegetable Gum (410), Food Acid (270), Starter Culture], Thickener (1422), Stabilisers (407, 415), Madagascan Vanilla Paste (1%), Preservatives (202, 234, 211).
Enclosed sachet includes Demerara Sugar
This product contains egg and milk. Tree nuts and sesame may be present.
Keep refrigerated 1°C to 4°C and consume after opening.
This is a ‘Ready to Eat’ product. Serve in the pot.