Sweet Potato, Chickpea & Spinach Curry
This lightly spiced curry will please any exotic dish lover!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 Chris’ Festivale Sweet Potato & Coconut Sri Lankan Style Dip
- olive oil
- 2 red onions
- 3 tbsp rogan josh paste
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 3cm piece of ginger
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 x 400 g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400 ml tin light coconut milk
- 400 g pre-washed spinach
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Peel, finely slice and add the onion along with the curry paste, mix well, then cook for 10 minutes, or until the onion is soft and golden, stirring occasionally.
- Finely chop the chilli, then peel and finely grate the ginger. Pick the coriander leaves and finely slice the stalks. Chop the sweet potatoes into 2cm chunks.
- Add the chilli, ginger, coriander stalks and sweet potato to the softened onion. Tip in the chickpeas, then cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes. Add 200ml of water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, then cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid, then cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the sweet potato is cooked through and the sauce thickened.
- Stir in the coconut milk and the dip, heat through for a couple of minutes, then stir in the spinach.
- Scatter over the coriander leaves, then serve with rice.