Couscous, Beetroot & Carrot Salad
- 1 tbsp of Chris’ Traditional Egyptian Beetroot Dip
- 2/3 of a cup of boiling water
- 4-5 baby carrots, halved length ways
- 2 tbsp of Greek feta, crumbled
- 1⁄2 a tsp of dried cumin
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- A small handful fresh mint leaves, roughly torn
- A squeeze of honey
- Place your carrots in boiling water and cook for 10 minutes or until tender
- While the carrots cook, add the olive oil and the cumin to a small saucepan and place on a medium heat. 3. Add the pearl couscous to the oil and stir for 20 seconds.
- Add the boiling water to the pot, put the lid on and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the water is absorbed (check and stir regularly to avoid it sticking to the bottom).
- Meanwhile, mix your feta and Egyptian Beetroot dip together in a small bowl.
- Once the carrots are tender, drain and return to the pot.
- Add the honey and half of your mint leaves to the carrot and cook for about a minute, tossing regularly.
- To assemble, lay the couscous on a place, topped with the feta and beetroot mix, carrots and the rest of your mint leaves. You can also finish with a touch of black pepper
Recipes by Natalie Zee / Healthy Natty for Chris’ Dips.