Spice Crusted Prawns with Hommus
This Mediterranean inspired spiced prawns pairs perfectly with our Traditional Hommus Dip.
- 2 bunches Dutch Carrots, end trimmed
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 600g Prawns
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 200g hommus dip
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a baking tray and arrange carrots in a single layer on the tray. Drizzle with honey and 1 tsp of oil. Season. Roast, turning occasionally for 15 mins or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly
- Meanwhile, slice the red cabbage finely.
- Combine all spices, sesame seeds and 2 tsp of remaining olive oil in a large bowl. Season. Toss prawns to evenly coat.
- Heat a large pan over high heat. Cook prawns for 2 mins each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Spread the hommus over serving plates. Top with prawns, carrots, cabbage, mint and coriander. Drizzle with remaining oil.