Savoury Corn Waffles
Serves 2 (makes 4 large waffles)
- 1 tub of Chris’ Traditional Corn Relish Dip
- 1⁄2 a cup of plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- 3⁄4 of a cup of water
- Smoked Salmon
- Spring Onions
- Chris’ Traditional Greek Style Natural Yoghurt
- Chilli Flakes
- Combine the 2 flours and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the egg, olive oil, water and Chris’ Traditional Corn Relish Dip.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Spray a waffle maker very lightly with oil.
- Using a large serving spoon, dollop the waffle batter evenly across 4 waffle moulds.
- Cook the waffles as per waffle maker manufacturer instructions (we stuck to a medium setting here).
- Once done, carefully remove from the heat and serve immediately topped with yoghurt, spring onions, smoked salmon, tomatoes or even egg!
- Finish with a final dollop of Chris’ Traditional Corn Relish Dip.
Recipe by Natalie Zee / Healthy Natty for Chris’ Dips.