Pumpkin and Hommus Bruschetta
- 1 heaped cup of 1 cm cubed pumpkin
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 slices of sourdough bread.
- 1 x 100g tub of Chris’ Traditional Hommus Dip
- Finely chopped parsley
- Chilli flakes
- Juice from lemon wedge (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius (conventional oven). Line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
- In a bowl, mix pumpkin cubes, olive oil, paprika and season with salt. Spread out the pumpkin cubes in a single layer on the lined baking tray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes or till just tender and slightly browned. You may need to flip the pumpkin cubes once or twice during the cooking time to ensure even browning.
- When the pumpkin is almost done, prepare the sourdough bread by toasting it in a toaster.
- To serve, spread 2 tablespoons of Hommus on each slice of bread. Top with warm pumpkin, parsley, chilli flakes and a squeeze of lemon juice (optional).
This recipe was created for us by @FeedMeIchi