Moroccan Chickpeas & Yogurt
Our creamy Greek Style Natural Yoghurt is perfectly paired with some wholesome chickpeas and spice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1⁄2 a tub (250g) of Chris’ Greek Style Natural Yoghurt
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, washed
- 1 can of cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of all spice
- 1 tsp of powdered ginger
- 1⁄2 a tsp of salt.
- Pita bread, parsley and lemon wedges, to serve
- In a medium, non-stick saucepan, fry the onions and capsicum in the olive oil until the onions are translucent.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook until they start to blister.
- Add the spices (cumin, cinnamon, all spice, ginger and salt) with the chickpeas and stir until fragrant.
- Add the crushed tomatoes plus half a can of water and stir.
- Bring to the simmer and allow to cook for about 20 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- To serve, spoon Chris’ Greek Yoghurt onto a large plate with a small well in the middle. Spoon the chickpea mixture into the well and on top of the yoghurt and sprinkle with parsley and lemon juice.
Recipe by Healthy Natty.