Mixed Vegetable Haloumi Skewers
- 1X180g packet of haloumi
- 2 zucchinis, ends trimmed
- ½ large red capsicum, deseeded
- ½ red onion
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 8 bamboo skewers (soaked to prevent burning)
- Chris’ Traditional Spicy Capsicum Dip
- Pita bread
- Prepare the vegetables for the skewers by slicing the zucchini crosswise into 1 cm rounds. Roughly cut capsicum into 1.5cm pieces and cut onion into small wedges. Keep cherry tomatoes whole.
- Cut haloumi into 2-2.5cm cubes.
- Thread vegetables and haloumi onto bamboo skewers.
- Preheat grill pan on stovetop over low medium heat. Brush olive oil all over the skewers and season with salt and pepper before cooking on the grill pan till vegetables soften and are slightly charred. Make sure to rotate the skewers regularly to ensure even cooking. The skewers can also be cooked on a bbq in a similar way.
- Serve skewers warm with pita bread and Chris’ Spicy Capsicum dip.
Recipe created for us by Feed Me Ichi