Mediterranean Inspired Pizza
This delectable but simple pizza is full of flavoursome Mediterranean spices and vegetables, complemented perfectly by Chris’ Traditional Three Olive Dip.
Pizza Base: (or you can simply buy a ready-made base!)
- 180ml (3/4 cups) warm water
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons (7g/1 sachet) dried yeast
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30ml (2 tablespoon) olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- Combine the water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until foamy. Combine the flour, rosemary and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture and oil to the bowl. Bring the dough together in the bowl with your hands.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place into an oiled bowl and turn to coat in oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draught-free place to rise for 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
- Sprinkle flour over work surface and knead dough. Using a rolling pin or your hands, flatten and shape into either a rectangle or circle pizza base.
- 100g Chris’ Three Olive Dip
- a handful of Olives
- Cabonossi, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- small red capsicum, sliced
- a handful of quartered marinated artichokes
- a handful of sundried tomatoes
- 50g Feta cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C.
- Spread the Three Olive Dip onto the pizza base. Then add all toppings, leaving the feta cheese till last.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until based is cooked through. If the sundried tomatoes are burning, lightly cover the top with foil.
- Serve with salad.