Honey-Roasted Pumpkin & Beetroot Salad
Who said salads aren’t hearty?! This Honey-Roasted Pumpkin & Beetroot Salad will become your new winter salad staple.
- 2 butternut pumpkin halves, sliced crossways (2kg)
- 2 tbs olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 large red onion, cut through root into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 bunch of sage
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tub Chris’ Egyptian Beetroot Dip
- Position oven racks in centre and lower third of oven and preheat oven to 250 C/230 C fan-forced. Place 2 large baking trays in oven to preheat.
- Cut each piece of pumpkin lengthways into 2.5cm thick wedges.
- In a large bowl, toss pumpkin with 1 ½ tbsp oil, honey and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add pumpkin to preheated baking trays and bake for 20 mins. Toss onion and remaining ½ tbsp oil in a bowl and add to baking trays. Rotate trays from front to back and top to bottom and cook for 15-20 mins or until pumpkin and onion are tender and caramelised. Transfer vegetables to a platter.
- In a frying pan, stir 100g butter over medium heat for 2-3 mins or until golden brown in colour. Add the sage and stir for 1 minute or until sage is crisp. Stir in remaining 40g butter and 1/2 tsp salt. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and cool slightly.
- Spoon the sage brown butter over the vegetables. Add dollops of beetroot dip and sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.