Hommus Vol Au Vents
These Hommus Vol Au Vents are a delightful entertainer that is the perfect amount of sweet ‘n’ savoury.
- 12x Vol au Vents (petite pastry cases)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Finely ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until the onions have softened.
- Add the sugar and balsamic vinegar and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are very soft and caramelised; then season with freshly ground black pepper. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Once the onions have cooled, roughly chop and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat oven to 160 C and bake the Vol au Vents until golden brown on top, about 10 minutes.
- Fill with hommus, onion and top with roughly chopped roasted almond. Serve.