Grilled Prawns with Creamy Onion Sauce
- ½ a cup of Chris’ Heritage Vintage Cheddar and Caramelised Onion Dip.
- 12 green whole prawns.
- 1 large zucchini, cut into ribbons (you can do this with a vegetable peeler)
- ½ a cup of milk
- 1-2 tsp of hot chilli sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp of chopped basil, + extra for garnish
- 2 packet papadams
To cook the prawns:
- Skewer the prawns onto 2 skewers (one skewer near the tail and one near the head – this makes it easier to handle).
- Under a grill on a foil-lined tray, or on a BBQ, spray the prawns well with olive oil.
- Cook until they turn orange and begin to char before turning for the same effect on the other side.
To Make the Sauce:
In a small saucepan, bring the dip, milk, tbsp. of basil and chilli sauce, if you’re using it, to a low simmer.
Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, or until it begins to thicken.
- Arrange the zucchini ribbons on half of a large platter.
- Place the cooked prawn skewers on top.
- Pour the sauce over the prawns & zucchini.
- Microwave the 2 papadams for 40 seconds (or as per packet instructions) until crisp and crumble in your hands.
- Sprinkle the crunchy pappadam pieces over the prawns, along with extra basil leaves & enjoy!
Recipes by Natalie Zee / Healthy Natty for Chris’ Dips.