Grilled Lemon Dijon Chicken Skewers
Who said chicken breasts are dry? This simple and fresh marinade will make your chicken skewers juicy and full of flavour, especially drizzled with our Heritage Goats Cheese & Black Truffle Dip! These Grilled Lemon Dijon Chicken Skewers will make the perfect weeknight meal or bbq entertaining dish.
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp Chris’ Greek Yogurt
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp fresh oregano (or 2 tsp dry)
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 (900g) chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 red onion, quartered and layers separated
- 10 wooden skewers (soaked for 20 minutes in water)
- 1 Chris’ Heritage Goats Cheese & Black Truffle Dip
- To serve: lemon wedges, vegetables of choice
- Combine garlic, oil, Dijon mustard, yogurt, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Marinate the chicken in the bowl overnight.
- Thread the chicken and onion layers onto the skewers.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Spray grill lightly with oil and grill about 5 minutes on each side, or until the center is no longer pink.
- Whisk 3 tbsp of the dip with water until it is a sauce consistency and drizzle over the skewers and choice of vegetables. Serve with fresh lemon wedges and dip on the side.