Greek Yogurt Cinnamon Donuts
You won’t believe these delicious Greek Yogurt Cinnamon Donuts are baked, not fried! A lightened up version of the classic cinnamon donut, made with our rich ‘n’ creamy Traditional Greek Yogurt and drizzled with our Heritage Madagascan Vanilla Panna Cotta. A dessert that your family and friends will love you for.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 14 min
- 3/4 cup plain flour (120g)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (55g)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (20g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Chris’ Traditional Greek Yogurt (120g)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (55g)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Heritage Vanilla Panna Cotta, at room temperature
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Dash of cinnamon
- Donuts: Preheat oven to 160 C. Grease a donut pan with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, butter, milk, vinegar and egg.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Do not overmix.
- Scoop about one tablespoon of batter evenly into donut pan, about 3/4 full. Bake for 14 minutes, or until donuts are slightly browned and spring back when touched. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Cinnamon sugar: mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Brush the top of the donut with the butter, then dip into the cinnamon sugar bowl.
- Glaze: In the bowl, beat Heritage Vanilla Panna Cotta and milk until combined into an glaze consistency. If the glaze is too thick, add more milk as needed. Pour into a piping bag and pipe on top of donuts in a zig zag motion. Enjoy!