Goats Cheese & Truffle Scrambled Eggs
Served with honey glazed asparagus
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tsp pouring cream
- 1 1/2 tsp Chris’ Goats Cheese & Black Truffle Heritage Dip
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 6-8 stalks of asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 6 rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- Dill, roughly chopped, for garnish
- 2 slices rye bread, toasted
- Extra dip to spread on toast (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream and dip till just slightly frothy (it doesn’t matter if little chunks of dip remain). Set aside.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in frying pan over low-medium. Lay the asparagus in the pan and after 1-2 minutes, drizzle honey over the asparagus and turn the asparagus in the pan to ensure even coating. Sprinkle the finely chopped rosemary and cook asparagus till just tender. Remove off heat and season with salt.
- Whilst cooking the asparagus, heat a small frying pan over low-medium heat and melt the butter in the pan. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and gently stir till the eggs are just set. Remove pan from heat.
- Place a slice of toast on each serving plate and evenly divide the scrambled eggs between the two plates, laying it on the toast. Season with salt and pepper and scatter some dill over the eggs. Divide the asparagus between the two plates.
Note: For extra flavour, before laying the scrambled eggs on the toast, lightly spread some of the Goats Cheese and Truffle dip onto the warm toast.
This recipe was created for us by @FeedMeIchi