French Onion Baked Rice
This creamy, hearty and delicious French Onion Baked Rice will make the perfect dinner side to any meat dish, or even on its own! Made with flavoursome Chris’ Traditional French Dip.
Prep time – 15 minutes
- – 1 Tub of Chris’ Traditional French Dip
- 1 1/3 cups of Basmati or Brown Rice
- 3 rashers of rindless bacon, diced
- 5 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1.5 cups of shredded light tasty cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 3 tsps of fresh thyme leaves
- Cook the rice as per packet instructions, being careful not to overcook.
- In a fry pan, fry the bacon and mushrooms until the bacon begins to crisp (add a little oil if needed).
- Grease a (approx.) 20cm x 12cm oven dish with a generous spray of olive oil.
- Once the rice is cooked, drain very well from excess water and place in a large bowl.
- To the bowl, add the eggs, 1 cup of the cheese, all of the Chris’ French Onion Dip, the bacon and mushroom mix and 2 teaspoons of the fresh thyme leaves. Mix well.
- Add the mix to the oven dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 180c for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are firm and crisping and the cheese on top begins to go golden. 8. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving, then serve topped with the remaining thyme.
Recipe by Healthy Natty for Chris’ Dips.