Focaccia with Smoked Gouda & Almond
- 3 1/3 cups ‘00’ flour or plain spelt flour
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbs olive oil (plus extra for topping)
- Chris’ Heritage Smoked Gouda and Almond Dip
- ½ cup pitted olives
- Place water, yeast, sugar, oil and salt into a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Knead for 5 minutes until the yeast has dissolved.
- Add flour and knead again for 15 minutes.
- After this the dough will be very runny, place a clean tea towel over the bowl and keep somewhere warm for at least an hour until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Grease a brownie pan (30cm x 25cm) with olive oil then pour in the runny dough, top with olives, extra salt if you like and drizzle with extra olive oil.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until crisp and golden. Serve warm with a thick layer of Chris’ Heritage Smoked Gouda and Almond Dip.
Recipe created for Chris’ by Naturally Nutritious