Easy Indian Chicken Curry
This delicious and flavoursome Easy Indian Chicken Curry, is super simple and easy to prepare, using our Chris’ Greek Style Natural Yoghurt. It also freezes well should there be any left overs!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 bay leaves
- 2cm fresh ginger, minced
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup Chris’ Greek Style Natural Yoghurt
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 long red chilli, sliced, to serve
- 3 cups cooked white rice to serve or roti bread
- In a frying pan, sauté onion in butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic, spices and ginger. Continue stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken thigh, bay leaves, tomato paste, yoghurt and coconut cream. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and stir in cayenne pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the rice among serving plates. Top with curry before serving.