Charred Sourdough Soldiers with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 18 vine ripened cherry tomatoes
- 2 red onions sliced very thinly into rings
- ¾ cup white cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons castor sugar
- ½ sea salt
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Extra to serve
- 6 toast slices of artisan light sourdough bread
- 3 whole cloves of garlic peeled
- 100g Chris’ Traditional Three Olive Dip
- ½ bunch continental parsley
- sea salt to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a bowl or jar mix vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Slice onions very thinly on a mandolin and blanch in hot water for 20 seconds. Drain and place in vinegar solution for about 30 minutes.
- Place cherry tomatoes on an oven tray, lightly brush with oil, season with salt and roast for 15 minutes or until split. Set aside ready for assembly.
- Preheat grill pan. Brush bread slices with oil and char on a high heat to deep brown almost black on both sides. Lightly scratch and rub the presentation side of the toast with the fresh garlic clove and drizzle with a little extra oil. Cut each slice into three even soldiers.
- Spread a generous layer of Chris’s Traditional Three Olive Dip on each of the soldiers, smash two to three roasted cherry tomatoes on top and loosely cover with some pickled red onion and garnish with fresh loosely chopped parsley.
- Drizzle with a little extra oil and Serve while toast is still warm.