This Beef Stroganoff is a deliciously easy recipe for a hearty weeknight dinner! Made extra creamy with Chris’ French Onion Dip.
• 1/3 cup (60g) plain flour
• 800g round steak, cut into bite size pieces
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 300g mushrooms, sliced
• 1 medium brown onion, sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• 1/2 cup (125ml) beef stock
• 75g French Onion Dip
• salt & pepper to taste
1. Add the flour, salt and pepper to a bowl and toss the steak to coat.
2. In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook half the meat, just until lightly browned. Remove and repeat with 1 tablespoon olive oil and the remaining steak. Reserve.
3. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and stirfry the onion until translucent. Add the garlic, the reserved browned steak, tomato paste, beef stock and mushrooms. Bring to the boil and then turn down heat to a simmer.
4. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until the steak is tender. Add the French Onion Dip and stir through until combined.