Baked Apple & Coconut Rice Pudding
These creamy sweet treats baked in our reuable Heritage terracotta pots are the perfect end to any Winter’s day.
(makes 4 puddings)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup (135g) medium grain rice
- 400g can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) full cream milk
- 3 tablespoons (60g) rice malt syrup or honey
- 1 large Apple, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder, plus extra for the top
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, plus extra for the top
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 tablespoon butter for greasing
- Optional: cream or vanilla ice cream for serving
- 4x Chris’ Heritage Dips terracotta pots
1. Pre-heat oven to 160C and grease 4 x Chris’ Heritage Dips terracotta pots.
2. In a large bowl, add egg, coconut milk, rice malt syrup, apple, lemon zest, vanilla and spices. Mix throughly and set aside.
3. Divide rice evenly and pour into prepared heritage pots. Then pour the coconut and apple mixture over the top of the rice. Using a spoon stir the mixture and rice together.
4. Place pots onto a tray on the bottom of the oven and cook for 40-45miuntes. The pudding is ready once the rice is no longer hard and has set.
5. To serve, top with extra spices and pouring cream or vanilla ice cream.
Recipe by @craverealfood